What is LUPPU?
LUPPU is how land use and zoning will change in El Dorado County. Don’t doubt it. The last “U” stands for “Update” as in “Land Use Programmatic Policy UPDATE“. It’s a big, complex government process that in the end will likely have significant implications for a variety of things, trails being just one.
I’m new to LUPPU and county general plans, so don’t expect me to cover all of issues. What I will do is try to keep you informed as LUPPU relates to trails in El Dorado Hills. If you care about trails then you need to also care about LUPPU, which may positively or negatively affect all future trails and my vision for rugged trails I just recently unveiled.
What do you need to know now?
- the process has started; kickoff meeting for EDH community input was May 14, 2013
- several sub-committees on specific topics were initiated at the May 14 event
- “Parks & Recreation” sub-committee held its 1st meeting June 26, 2013
- next “Parks & Recreation” meeting will be July 10, 2013
- “Community Design” sub-committee to hold its 1st meeting July 9, 2013
What can you do now?
- Raise your hand to be counted… Sign my petition for more dirt trails
- Follow this blog to stay informed
- Click the Facebook Like button on the home page
- Ask your friends if they want local dirt trails
- Attend the committee meetings
- El Dorado County page for LUPPU
- El Dorado Hills Community Presentation (3/5/2011)
- El Dorado Hills Area Planning Advisory Committee Presentation (4/19/2012)
- Google search