Trails contribute to and enhance our community physically, spiritually, culturally, and financially. EDH Trails is working hard to improve El Dorado Hills for all of its residents, neighbors, and businesses. Our community still has significant, although limited, opportunities to fully embrace trails as a community asset.
Towards turning opportunity into reality, EDH Trails is advocating for the following goals:
- Foster mutually beneficial partnerships between land managers/owners and the community.
- Create new trails to make El Dorado Hills an even more livable place.
- Create fun skill-building bike facilities for active people of all ages.
- Communicate relevant trail advocacy information to the public.
- Provide local managers, planners and developers with information on sustainable trail design including narrow dirt trails, technical trail features, and a bike park.
- Elevate trails’ status as a community asset within the minds of residents and businesses.
- Organize individuals, businesses, and organizations into an active coalition to support these goals with funding, labor, supplies, and anything else needed.
Our community is special, in part, because of its mixture of ruralish urban feel in close proximity to urban conveniences and “rural playgrounds” such as Brown’s Ravine, South Fork of the American River, El Dorado National Forest, and of course the world class Lake Tahoe basin. Together we can make it better by having local trails that allow people to play and exercise nearby. “Live local – play local” is our motto.
for the latest information
These are the supportive businesses and organizations to date.